Monday, July 26, 2010

The Energy Of Joy - Sept '09

I have been assisting and teaching during August in various Hakomi Psychotherapy Workshops. I am very honored to be able to work with and assist the founder of the Hakomi method of assisted self-discovery, Doctor Ron Kurtz, during the Trainings and Workshops. This method is a simple and powerful way to assist another person to discover for themselves what they may be unconscious of that is causing them unnecessary suffering in their life. When performed correctly as it is currently being taught by Dr Kurtz, it is very gentle, non-violent and very effective. I am also seeing again and again how people’s thoughts create the reality that they then live in. The thoughts people think bring more and more of the same or similar type of experiences, people and events into their lives making up their current life experience.

One night a few days ago, I went through a process that I would like to share with you. I think it may help you to almost immediately shift your energy and the level of joy in your life to a higher level. It will also most likely allow you to be more uplifting to everyone you encounter in your life. You may even find people want to spend more time around and with you than ever before!

I have been having some challenging emotional times and found myself awake one night and thinking about many things. Since I could not sleep and really wanted to be rested for the new day I began to study my feelings about what I was thinking. I noticed some thoughts were fairly neutral, some uplifting and felt good and others were depressing and sad.

So what I did was every time I caught myself thinking a thought that was neutral or lower “feeling” I immediately began to put it in the most positive framework possible. An example was, I caught myself thinking, “I am sitting so much in class that my body is often hurting during the day and sitting so long in class is bad for me. I can not wait until this workshop is over!” This thought was depressing and felt like a downward spiraling of energy to me. I could even see myself spiraling downward in bed. So, I immediately said to myself, “I can take more breaks and stretch during the day and not sit so much and I really like this class and the people who are in it.” This immediately felt better to me and I felt my energy spiraling upward.

I had another thought like, “I do not have enough time to meditate in the morning when I am teaching workshops because I have to get moving earlier to get to class on time.” This thought was also depressing and felt like a downward spiraling of energy to me. So, I immediately said to myself, “You can meditate some right now and will be perfectly fine in the morning and even have more energy than usual.” This also immediately felt better to me and I felt my energy spiraling upward.

Every time I caught a thought that was neutral or lower “feeling” I immediately re-worded it to myself in a way that felt better and brought my energy spiraling upwards rather being flat or going down. I spent what seemed like the whole night doing this process with every thought I became conscious of. And I really had a lot of thoughts about many many different things! It felt to me like I did not sleep more than a few hours that night.

In the morning I got out of bed feeling better than I had felt in weeks and with energy to spare. What this tells me is that my thoughts have a great deal to do about my energy level and how “good” I feel. It also showed me I can actively work with my thoughts in a way that brings me greater energy, enthusiasm and joy in my life. It really was not that hard and the results were simply great!

I am using this with myself daily as I become conscious of my thoughts and as I am talking to myself or to others. Being conscious of my “feelings” about what I am thinking or saying and actively changing or choosing to say things in a way that feels more uplifting and better to me is improving my energy level and I am feeling much better overall. I hope you will find this useful and even fun to explore how it might improve your life as well!

In Light, Love & Service,
Adama

No comments:

Post a Comment